Learning Joomla - 5 Practical Methods for New Joomla Web site designers
Learning how to design and develop Joomla websites with all the Joomla software could be simple and fast, if only you know how. To help you out with so-called "steep learning curve", below are a few tips that may help.
- The Joomla Learning System: This is one way you approach finding out how to use the Joomla software to design websites. There are a few strategies to doing this (each one with its own merits and demerits, relatively speaking). Either get yourself a manual, Joomla training classes, attend conferences or workshops to understand Joomla, or simply have a package of great used and learn from. Either way, make sure that you are comfortable using the quality of Joomla training you decide on and sure of the how well you be able to design Joomla websites after the day.
- Apply What You Learn: To master Joomla quickly and master it easily would require that you practice whatever you learn. The easiest way to achieve this is to create a website as you go along as you start and continue learning Joomla. This needs to be your test site. If, however, you decide to wait and procrastinate till you have "a good grasp" of it, you probably will never learn how to design Joomla websites. It is because, mastering it is akin to practicing it. So, produce a test site or use a sub-directory of one of your existing sites to put in Joomla on and exercise how to create Joomla websites.
- Joomla Resource Websites: Another effective way of earning Joomla web page design and development is usually to frequent websites,discussion forums and portals who have a lot of useful information concerning how to create and manage Joomla websites. These resource websites normally have a collection of articles and Joomla videos that may help you speed up your process of learning the Joomla CMS. Some also contain FAQs (common questions) that may be very useful for you both as a beginner so when an intermediate Joomla website design company. You are also constantly updated around the progress of the Joomla project when you are also in the information loop that exists on this website design community.
- Joomla User Groups: Almost every big city or metropolitan area surrounding the world would have a neighborhood JUG (Joomla User Group) that comprises the technically-knowledgeable, enthusiastic along with beginning and intermediate Joomla webmasters. A JUG typically meets monthly, however may vary according to the needs and time option of the membership in the Joomla group. At these meetings, in addition to meeting fellow Joomla webmasters, there is also the latest information on what's happening in the Joomlasphere (world of Joomla), new useful tools and extensions, local or nearby "Joomla Day" programs (where one can both learn and get Joomla items, like tutorials and templates), and be given a lot of support among your network of latest found friends and fellow Joomla learners and webmasters.
- Continued Practice: I said earlier that to find out Joomla quickly and easily, you 'must' have hands-on practice during the early stages. However, the Joomla ! is so dynamic when you don't constantly practice and explore it, you may either lose track of where it is going or even forget a number of the skills. However, if you are regularly engaged in tweaking your Joomla website and maintaining to date with what is happening, you will find out that learning how to design Joomla websites becomes much more easier and creative in your case as you discover new tools, tricks and inventive ways to make it do your will and style virtually any type of website using Joomla.